Thank you for your interest in enrolment at Burrendah Primary School. Due to the high demand for places within our school, the Department of Education has designated Burrendah Primary School as a local intake area school. Students and their family must live within the school boundaries at the time the enrolment commences. Please refer to the map showing school boundaries.
When lodging an application for enrolment, the following original documentation must be provided (Copies will be taken at Reception and attached to the Application for Enrolment).
- Proof of ownership of the property by the parent/s where the student will reside is to be provided. This may be a recent rates notice from the local council.
- Where the family is in a rental property, a copy of the tenancy agreement, with a twelve (12) month minimum duration from the time the enrolment commences would be required. Please note:
- If the rental agreement is a private arrangement then a Statutory Declaration authorised by a Justice of the Peace will be needed to verify the place of residence.
- The renting of a room in a property is not acceptable for enrolment unless the owner of the property has official approval from the City of Canning to use the property for this purpose.
- A further two (2) pieces of evidence as proof of residence within our local intake area is required. One of these must be a utilities account or connection notice (ie, electricity or gas account) the other can be a current driving licence with the current address, a non-mobile telephone/internet account, a current bank statement showing address, contents insurance or removalist documents.
- If born in Australia, the child’s ORIGINAL Birth Certificate or Extract (a copy will be taken at the school).
- If not born in Australia, is an Australian Citizen, the Citizenship Certificate AND Birth Certificate or passport.
- If born overseas, passports are required of both the CHILD and the PARENTS, including visa documentation and latest entry date into Australia.
- If applicable, any current Family Court orders.
- IMMUNISATIONS: The Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) History Statement which is less than two (2) months old at the time of application, must be printed from the Medicare/myGov website. Please note: Kindergarten applications and enrolments will not be accepted without a current and ‘Up to Date’ Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) History Statement as noted above.
Out of Local Area Application
Each year, our school will consider out of local area (formerly cross-boundary) applications. Out of local area, admission will only occur if there are places available. The outcome of this consideration will be advised in writing.
Enrolment at Willetton Senior High School
Willetton Senior High School will only enrol students who at the time of enrolment at Willetton Senior High School live within their intake area. Attendance at Burrendah will not be sufficient to guarantee enrolment at Willetton Senior High School.
Keeping student records up to date
To assist us in keeping these records up-to-date please inform the school, in writing, if any of the following details have changed since enrolment –
- Child’s name - supporting documents to be produced
- Your name
- Address - supporting documents to be produced
- Telephone Numbers (home, work)
- Emergency Contact
- Visa Details - supporting documents to be produced