Our Chaplain, Louise Lathbury, is at school on Wednesdays (9.30am-3.30pm). The Chaplaincy Service contributes to the wellbeing of our students, their families, and our staff. When required, the Chaplain provides support with social, emotional, physical or spiritual concerns, irrespective of faith or cultural background.
- The Chaplain may work with small groups of children, provide classroom support for staff, or organise lunchtime activities for interested children.
- The Chaplain can facilitate connections between our school and the local community, support agencies or other organisations.
- The Chaplain can also conduct one-one formal and informal conversations with staff, students, and parents/carers. The Chaplain is not qualified to provide counselling services, psychological assessment or medical assessment. Instead, the Chaplain provides support for members of the school community as they work through challenging times in their lives. Some of the issues students may wish to discuss with the Chaplain include grief and loss, bullying, friendships, family/home life and transition to a new school.
If you would like to make an appointment for your child or yourself to meet with the Chaplain, please:
- Contact the school office or your child’s teacher
- Place a note in the labelled box in the library
- Email Louise: email@example.com
Student participation in the Chaplaincy program is voluntary. If you do not want your child/ren to have one-to-one involvement with the chaplain, then please give written notice to the school office.