Burrendah Primary School shares a large school site with Willetton Senior High School (WSHS) and Castlereagh School. The three schools have a close working relationship with students involved in programs and activities that involve the integration of the students from the three schools.
Examples of programs that involve the integration of the three schools include:
- Senior students from Burrendah PS are able to study Japanese and spend one hour each week, engaging in extension classes with specialist high school teachers.
- Year 12 Willetton SHS students conduct physical education lessons as part of their learning, allowing our students to undertake a series of lessons that develops their fundamental skills in a variety of sports.
- Upper primary students have the opportunity to develop their dancing skills through a series of workshops run by senior Willetton SHS students. The culmination of this is a concert to display their new-found talents to their family and friends.
- Willetton Senior High School students co-ordinate a physical education program for our Burrendah students over a period of weeks. This is co-ordinated by the Physical Education teachers in both schools.
- The WSHS students doing Early Childhood Studies work under supervision in our early childhood classrooms providing increased opportunities for small group activities.
- Our senior students have the opportunity to study Japanese at Willetton Senior High School before school one day a week. Students are chosen through a selection process to do this.
- Our Science Specialist teacher works closely with the Science Department at the Willetton Senior High School to provide numerous opportunities to share facilities and school staff to enrich the teaching of Science in both schools.
- The Castlereagh students regularly are integrated into our specialist physical education, visual arts and music programs. This integration allows for students from both schools to benefit from learning together and for staff to learn from each other and increase their professional understanding.